In this talk, award-winning Brazilian curator Thyago Nogueira explores the makings and remakings of The Yanomami Struggle, an exhibition on the life and work of Claudia Andujar. A Touring Art Exhibition as Work-in-Progress details how the research in Andujar’s photographic archive has been transformed into a platform to showcase the cultures of resistance of the Yanomami people, thanks to an extensive tour of Brazil, Europe and the Americas since 2018. Thyago Nogueira will be in conversation with Juliana Dweck, Chief Curator of the Princeton University Art Museum. Program moderated by João Biehl, Professor of Anthropology and Brazil LAB Director.
Not on campus? Watch here.
- Brazil Lab
- Princeton University Art Museum
- Department of Art & Archaeology
- Department of Anthropology
- Department of Spanish and Portuguese
- Program in Latin American Studies
- Humanities Council
- University Center for Human Values
- Lewis Center for the Arts